Yaron wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> Ok, in a desperate attempt to get more diskspace without spending money, I
> figured I'd stick this 2.5GB SCSI drive in my machine. Although my machine
> already had an Adaptec 2940 SCSI adapter in it, it was being used for the
> CDR and the scanner, not for any real storage devices. My primary boot
> device was still my IDE HDD.
>
> I figured I'd put Doze on the SCSI drive, since that way I can use the
> space under both OSes (I dualboot for games, sue me). So I unplug the IDE
> HDD, boot off the cdrom and install Doze on the SCSI drive. No problem.
>
> Then I plug the IDE HDD back, and add this to /etc/lilo.conf (still on
> the IDE drive):
>
> other=/dev/sda1
>         label=scsi
>
> and reboot. Lilo goes:
>
> LILO boot: scsi
>
> and just sits there.
>
> So I nuke the SCSI drive, make a 32MB Ext2 partition on it, copy my /boot
> to that, and run lilo -b /dev/sda -l (-l is linear mode), and make SCSI my
> primary boot device. I get The Dreaded "LI".
>
> Anyone?
>
> -Yaron

Did your lilo.conf on /dev/hda still have 'root=/dev/hda1' at the top of
it when you ran 'lilo -b /dev/sda -l'?  I've been playing around with
the
*opposite* problem all day (moving linux to my new Cheetah and
consolidating
my Doze partitions onto one IDE drive), and that was one issue I ran
into.
You can also try this in yer lilo.conf:

disk=/dev/sda
bios=0x80
disk=/dev/hda
bios=0x81

to force lilo to see the SCSI drive as the 'first' drive, for testing
purposes
at least.

Good luck!

--
 Chris H. Bidler                                   cbidler at talkware.net
 Associate Engineer, Applications Group
 Universal Talkware Corp.

 "In any event, is a O^(log N) search that returns the wrong answer
  really better than an O^N search that returns the right answer?"