Hi,

Ok, in a desperate attempt to get more diskspace without spending money, I
figured I'd stick this 2.5GB SCSI drive in my machine. Although my machine
already had an Adaptec 2940 SCSI adapter in it, it was being used for the
CDR and the scanner, not for any real storage devices. My primary boot
device was still my IDE HDD.

I figured I'd put Doze on the SCSI drive, since that way I can use the
space under both OSes (I dualboot for games, sue me). So I unplug the IDE
HDD, boot off the cdrom and install Doze on the SCSI drive. No problem.

Then I plug the IDE HDD back, and add this to /etc/lilo.conf (still on
the IDE drive):

other=/dev/sda1
        label=scsi

and reboot. Lilo goes:

LILO boot: scsi

and just sits there.

So I nuke the SCSI drive, make a 32MB Ext2 partition on it, copy my /boot
to that, and run lilo -b /dev/sda -l (-l is linear mode), and make SCSI my
primary boot device. I get The Dreaded "LI".

Anyone?

-Yaron