Yaron wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Adam Maloney wrote:
>
> > So basically my question is, how do I configure X now?  I want 1280x1024,
> > maybe 1600x1200 (depends on how tiny that gets...).
>
> Well, uh, did you get X fully downgraded back to 3.*? If so, does
> xf86config still not work?
>
> On another note, there's really no reason for X4.0+ not to work, and
> definetly none for it to have LESS support for your card than 3.3.6. I
> would give it another try.
>
> Since xf86config won't really generate really hires configs, try using a
> program like kvidiogen which will generate modelines you can stick in
> XF86Config.

I've got X4.01 running on my work machine with a Mach64-based
Rage Pro.  Sadly, it appears that the driver for that card is
*weak*, to say the least.  Not only will it not do OpenGL acceleration
properly (Q3A demo runs at ~1.5seconds/frame), but when I set my default
resolution to 1600x1200, I get a 'resolution not supported by driver'
crash-error.

No good.
--
<------------------------Chris H. Bidler, Internet Helper Monkey------------------------->
The drive banged 3-4 times the head against its endrun, maybe to BE SURE