Hi,

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Adam Maloney wrote:

> So basically my question is, how do I configure X now?  I want 1280x1024,
> maybe 1600x1200 (depends on how tiny that gets...).

Well, uh, did you get X fully downgraded back to 3.*? If so, does
xf86config still not work?

On another note, there's really no reason for X4.0+ not to work, and
definetly none for it to have LESS support for your card than 3.3.6. I
would give it another try.

Since xf86config won't really generate really hires configs, try using a
program like kvidiogen which will generate modelines you can stick in
XF86Config.

-Yaron