> Bob,
>     Any reason you dont educate your employees how to use Linux as a desktop?
	because we generally know how to do it already. ;>
	perhaps you misunderstood. there are 2 employees who use Windows on
their desktop; I think the reasons for this are primarialy personal choice,
and for some software they need (Diablo 2). Those of us who are Linux fiends
(which is to say, everyone else) are running it on our desktops; with
whatever environment/window manager we prefer. Everything from my minimalist
fvwm2, to Bob's tricked-out Sawmill/Gnome rig.

>I can
> see me not running Linux all the time because I play games in Windows. Is it the
> fact that you dont see it ready yet? If you need a good, fast, GUI for Linux try
> out KDE 2.0 (release is October 23). I'm using Linux 100% on my laptop (this
> computer) and its a P133 /w 64megs ram, handles it great (even with KDE 2.0
> running).
	it's been ready for a very long time, for the work we do here, since
we use term windows and web browsers for nearly everything. VMWare was the
last thing needed, so we can still use a few Windows bookkeeping apps,
without the hassle of a second computer or rebooting.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises