Bob,
    Any reason you dont educate your employees how to use Linux as a desktop? I can
see me not running Linux all the time because I play games in Windows. Is it the
fact that you dont see it ready yet? If you need a good, fast, GUI for Linux try
out KDE 2.0 (release is October 23). I'm using Linux 100% on my laptop (this
computer) and its a P133 /w 64megs ram, handles it great (even with KDE 2.0
running).