Quoting Charles Leyda (cleyda at yahoo.com):
> I just recent added my name to the mail list for this
> group. I am an one man shop Unix User of 20 years in a
> small Job Shop employing 100 people using NCR Computer
> with digi boards and 40 wyse terminal and 14 printers
> and 9 pc.
> I have been seriously look at Linux to replace it. I
> had hope to obtain info from this group to aid in the
> conversion. This appears to be a group of fun people
> that like to eat and drink at their meetings. Is there
> anybody in this group that is seriosly thinking of
> using Linux to replace Unix ???

Thinking? Been there and done that.

Real Time was a 100% solaris shop, we are now 99% Linux shop. Still got 2
Windoze machines, 1 for the sales guys laptop and another for the Web developer.
But all our core machines are running inte/alpha/sparc linux.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (612)943-8500