I just rolled out 23 new dell latitudes running linux.. they didn't come
pre-installed, but other than the sound card (had to buy OSS/Linux) and
the winmodem.. things worked great.  (and i'm happy to say, the sales
guys havn't been able to break linux yet :)
i had a couple DOA's tho.. not happy about that.. tho the dell service guy
(unisys) was quick, and fixed the problem.. next day service worked
exactly as it was supposed to.  personaly, if i had the budjet (major
motivating factor in the laptop buy) that wasn't so restrictive, i would
have gone with IBM thinkpad A20's with linux pre-installed.. but it's not
a perfect world.. by the way.. the insperon systems are not as nice as the
latitude.. I like the latitude's dual pointing device tho.. nice to be
able to change between stick, and pad mouse.

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben at nerp.net)