Mark,

Speaking for myself, I run a dual-boot IBM ThinkPad 1400 series, and the
COL 2.4 install went without a hitch. I am very new to Linux, and it was
something of a relief to have such an easy install. I did consult the
Linux for Laptops website:
	http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/
which had several links to ThinkPad-related installation help. I highly
recommend checking there just to see what sorts of issues people have
had when installing on their various laptops. If you decide to buy a
pre-installed laptop, then of course it may not be an issue -- unless
you decide to make any changes or update your system :-)

Anyway, good luck. With your stated experience, I think you should have
no trouble at all.

Dave