On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 04:58:40PM -0500, Adam Maloney wrote:
> VNC is only good over a local network, I use it over DSL only in a pinch.

It's not that bad...  I've got my NT box at the office set up with a VNC
server that has the polling options mostly turned off and it's pretty quick
using it from home over my DSL link, provided I start the client with the
-bgr233 switch.  (I'm not concerned with true reproduction of colors, so...)

The problems I have with it are related to the sending side - double-clicks
or hitting the Windows key on my end tend to confuse the VNC server and
WindowMaker intercepts keystrokes before VNC sees them and doesn't pass them
on if they're mapped to local functions.  But all of these problems are
bandwidth-independent.

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+