Of course the unix client doesn't have a way to send a CTRL-ALT-DEL, so
every time my Windows workstation meets it's maker I have to switch the
keyboard over and finger it manually.

If you're considering using BO, don't.  Remember why it was released, and
who released it.  It may be 100% clean, but I wouldn't trust CDC to not
have put something nasty in it.

VNC is only good over a local network, I use it over DSL only in a pinch.
PCAnywhere is much better suited to slower lines, it has better
compression and optimization for low-speed.  Also, the windows server is
terribly inefficient because they don't have access to all the API's.  The
unix server is much faster, so if you can you should run the server on
unix and VNC in from the windows machine.  It's unseeming, but faster.

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications