> Do you know more about this VIA WD problem?  I have 3 Western Digital drives
> and I just ordered an MSI board with a VIA chipset. Hopefully I wont see the
> problem since my drives will use an add on Escalade 6400 ATA RAID controller,
> and not use the onboard IDE controller.

Myself, I don't really trust WD drives. A few bad experiences in the past. I
don't put much faith in Seagate drives either, but at least one of my
Seagate drives has been good since I got it (and didn't fail every three
mounths) Thankfully, dieman hasn't had any issues with the same drive in his
machine, so it was probally my computer that was causing issues with the
drive.

Haven't really had any issues with my Maxtor drive. We did have an issue
with the maxtor drive we were going to put in destiny.ringworld.org, but it
was a really fscking bad drive. A semi-quick RMA took care of it (and got us
a slightly bigger drive to boot) and we haven't had any issues with the
drive running 24/7 since.

I've had Zero issues with my IBM SCSI drives, nice fast and reliable. =)

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX:132)
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (FAX)  763-428-9126