On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 12:31:33AM -0600, David Royer wrote:
>I am finally trying to make the switch from Mandrake over to debian, and
>so far I have been doing fairly well, but I have a couple questions.
>
>I had to recompile the kernel to add framebuffer support for my Dell
>laptop.  I did this using the instructions in the debian.README file in
>kernel-source docs (make-dpkg -revision=foo.1.0 kernel-image).
>Unfortunately when I did this, I lost my pcmcia modules that were
>previously installed from pcmcia-modules.  Can anyone give me some
>pointers as to how to rebuild the pcmcia modules?

Depends on what kernel you are using. the 2.4 sources have the pcmcia stuff
included. If it's a stable kernel, and you wanna use the debian stuff, you'll
need kernel-source-<kernel-version> or you can just get a tarball of the
pcmcia source and do it that way.

You don't _have_ to use make-kpkg, it's recommended if you wanna install the
kernel you compile on many  machines or if you wanna archive it for some
reason.