Hi,

Ok... here's the story.

About a week ago I got a new MBoard and CPU. I used to have a FIC SD11
with a 550MHz Athlon, now I have a Tyan 2380 with a 750MHz Athlon. Other
than that I have changed nothing - same hardware, asame perihps, same
kernel.

But now the load-avarage is pretty much ALWAYS really high (like around
4). Top shows nothing stealing the large percentage of the CPU
cycles. I was happily blaming Mozilla for a while till closing it didn't
help (and no, there weren't any zombie mozillas).

In fact, performance with this MBoard seems to be extremely bad.

Does anyone else have a Tyan 2380, or any other Tyan MBoard? Can anyone
think of why this might be? I've FINALLY got the thing not to share IRQs
between all the card, so I know it's not that...

-Yaron