On 22 Nov 2000, Dave Sherohman wrote:

> Hell, no!  X lets me have three or four shells visible at a time, with
two
> instances of mutt hiding behind them (you can have my xterms when you pry
> them from my cold, dead fingers), and WindowMaker lets me dock a crapload
> of blinkenlights as well.  Some of them are actually useful.

Phht.   My reply is one word:  screen.

No, I'm not really making fun of X, but one of the things that made me a
Linux convert in the first place is that I find that for most *work*, a GUI
is nothin' but a way to spend time faster.  I still get a bigger thrill
from using color text in 80 column mode than widget this or that -- so this
Thanksgivng, I'm greatful for text mode!

Cheers,
Phil