Since others have commented on the need for a beer get-together, here's your
chance.

I'm will be going to the Half Time Rec on Tuesday night, to hear the Tim
Malloys play. Any LUG'ers who enjoy beer & music are welcome to show up as
well.

here's the relevant info:
you must be 21+ (sorry Nate!)
The Tim Malloys do (mostly modern, mostly revolutionary [pro-IRA,
anti-British]) Irish music. it's kickass great music, the way they do it.
it's also usually a bit vulgar; but no more than you should expect at a bar. :)
Beer available:
	Guiness, Harp, Bass, Kaliber, O'Douls, Leinies (?)
	no Sam Adams. :(
juice & Red Bull as well.
Warning: don't wear any clothing you don't mind smelling of smoke. it can
get pretty thick by the end of the night.

lots of geeks show up there; I've met Solaris admins, MVS programmers, web
hacks, Doctorate-level robotics engineers, and others. it's a great time,
and you can meet some really cool people. :)

Directions:
Go to Lexington Parkway by your best route. (I go east on 94 to St. Paul.)
5 stoplights north of Lexington, is Front Ave. turn EAST there.
3 blocks east of Lexington, on the NORTH SIDE is the Half Time Rec.

the band nominally starts at 9:00pm, but I don't ever remember them starting
before about 9:30. ;>
I'll probably be there by 9:00 or so. If you don't know me, I'm the guy with
long, curly, out-of-control red hair and a frizzy red beard, probably wearing
a green & white plaid coat. ;>

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer