So, I'm planning on developing a web site that uses user accounts, like
say slashdot or something. Whats the best way to deal with this on the
DB back end? I want to have a main DB with user accounts and session
management and such covering the whole site, but I would like to put
certain things in their own DB for sanity's sake, but I still want to do
table joins with the user account tables. Is there any way to do table
joins across DB's in Postgres? Or is there another sane way to deal with
this? I'll throw it all in one DB if I have to. :P