> w2k!!! DUMP THE WINDOWS!!! (the reason I emphisize
> this is that in my experience it is either one or the
> other on any computer... you can't run both without
> some kind of system failure.

System failure? That's not good. But the reality is linux should coexist
without issue with any operating system. I've had Linux, Windows NT, and
Windows 98 installed on the same box with no issues. Currently the only
issue with my dual boot system is that my aging hard drives that I used for
windows died. On the bright side that leaves me with an all SCSI system. :)

In the end it is probally easiest to wipe windows and reinstall, but keep in
mind that many laptops (espically Compaqs) have special windows install
disks and you can only get a working copy of windows from those special
disks. This wouldn't be so bad except that those disks have a nasty habit of
completely redoing your partitions. I'm pretty sure that RedHat and Mandrake
come with a stripped down version of Partition Magick to resize drives. They
probally still ship with disk druid as well. Since you haven't converted
your Windows partition to NTFS resizing the drive shouldn't be too much of a
problem, but beyond the programs I mentioned above I can't think of anything
else to do it...

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132