--- Christopher Gahlon <cgahlon at citilink.com> wrote:

> I have a laptop with W2K Pro on it and I'd like to
> resize the partition
> to install linux on it.
Wipe the disk!!!
Install linux making the CD the the bootup and install
a FULL INSTALL... from a CD... just make sure you have
a modem connect that is Linux ready...  dump the
w2k!!! DUMP THE WINDOWS!!! (the reason I emphisize
this is that in my experience it is either one or the
other on any computer... you can't run both without
some kind of system failure. Linux is stable if it is
the only OS... at least that is my experience... and
make sure it is a pentium or K6-2 or 3 CPU 233 or
better with as much RAM as you can stuff in that
sucker!!!)
good luck...