Well you pretty much summed up my dilemma.  The re-install disks wipe your drive
and bring you back to factory settings with all your previous partitions
removed.

I have had dual boot linux / 98, linux / NT4 systems working fine in the past,
but I've always had the media to do a clean install of both and not had any
problems.

I'm glad to hear they're using some form of partition magic for RH/Mandrake.
I've heard many people say partition magic worked great for them.  Now I'll just
extract the partitioning program from the install set so I can use it in the
future...

Thanks for the help.

Chris