Robert Sinland wrote:
 I should have explained more I guess...

> I am perfectly able to build a system from scratch, have done so a few times.
> Just not  _lately_ :)
>   Thats why I was looking at the different MB/CPU combo's being offered
> and looking for suggestions.
> I was also under the impression that Tran would do mail order, maybe they
> wont....
> Thanks,
> RS

I built an AMD T-bird 1000 on a Biostar (mk-7b I think) board, 256MB SDRAM stick,
SB-Live X-gamer audio, Creative Annihalator 32MB Geforce2 video card, WD 5400rpm
45GB drive, and a few other things in it.  Unfortunately I haven't had the time
to put Linux on it yet.  Win98se has a shut down issue with it, typical of 98se
with a nic card in it (3c905c 10/100).  Trying to get SuSE 7.0 on it when I get a
chance.

In the documentation Biostar said that the board tested very well with RH.  Not
sure of the version, 6.2 I think.  Picked board, CPU, memory, NIC and case up
from General Nanosystems.  Only thing I found out is that I should've gotten the
300W power supply.  I asked and the person there said it was okay at 250.  May
switch it out shortly... About a month ago, paid a little over $800 for what I
got at GNS.

Shawn