Dave Kleist wrote:

> IDSL (DSL based off ISDN, 144k up/down, latency is so-so) is cheaper than
> that (not sure of the current price they are quoting).  It takes forever to
> get it installed (5 months for me, 6 months for others I've spoken with),
> but the bridge was free after rebate, got a static ip, and no installation
> charges.  Onvoy does not currently seem to care what I do over the line (no
> AUP restrictions that I've seen).  Also, IDSL is not limited to the 18000
> feet limit so it's available where ADSL/RADSL/etc is not.

Looked into this as well.  I called Telocity, Rhythms, Flashcom, etc. and have
all been told the same thing: No.  Reason is because the main switching station
hasn't been upgraded yet.  I live less than a mile from the main switching
station so I more than qualify for DSL when and if it ever gets here....