About 2 years ago I had MK Linux running on a mac 9500. MK Linux was red hat
based and I remember having apache, some ftp daemon, netscape ( but it wasn't the

most current version ) and afterstep running. I didn't really use that box for
anything except staging a few small sites and playing some cds.  Getting X to run

on that machine was really easy and so was the sound setup. MK Linux wasn't
(isn't?) that well supported. I scrapped that for BeOS, but I didn't really like
it.  I was going to try yellow dog (also red hat based), but I left that job and
no longer had a mac that I could experiment on, so I never looked into it
further.  I think yellow dog only supports PPC +, and not 68k.

One other thing I remember was that the machine had to be dual boot with macos or

it wouldn't work. I don't know if this has changed by now.

Hmm, maybe I should pick up a used PPC box and start playing again.

~jacque