Don't do it.  If you actually manage to get it installed, which is nearly
impossible if you have a homebuilt machine, it's slow.  You won't be very
pleased with the performance.  It's fun to play around with, but I see no
benefit of moving away from your BSD install.

Solaris runs well on Sun hardware, but not x86.

Jay