On Mon, 21 Aug 2000 isla0005 at tc.umn.edu wrote:

> I only have the mandrake installation disk and the floppy I made
> using rawwrite.(the kernel floppy)
> now, If I want to run linux fdisk should I boot from the linux
> floppy and then type "linux fdisk" or do I have to read something
> from the Installation CD or do something else?

You'll have to boot into the Mandrake install far enough to get to the
partitioning point. (I don't think that disk druid will work, btw. fdisk and
cfdisk will work fine.)

You might also want to have a copy of the Slackware boot floppies on hand
for just such an occasion. Look at
ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware/bootdsks.144/README.TXT for
a list of the boot disks. You should be able to find one that will work for
you.

Good luck.
-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/