Thanks guys.

How do I do the "low level" format ?

I only have the mandrake installation disk and the floppy I made
using rawwrite.(the kernel floppy)
now, If I want to run linux fdisk should I boot from the linux
floppy and then type "linux fdisk" or do I have to read something
from the Installation CD or do something else?

I have still a lot to learn.

Apu