Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2847] The r.g.n ejection debate

From the perspective of someone who hasn't played in many years...

One thing that I thought brought in players was a few servers where borgs
were allowed.  I think borgs do wonders for beginning players as it makes
it much easier to learn the keypresses and gives them a somewhat competetive
edge against advanced players.

When bronco (and I forget the name of the borg server at the time) were both
running, I thought that people self-selected themselves rather well.
Beginners tended to go to the borg server and advanced players went to
bronco.

Something that would be fun for advanced players is to put them on a
dogfight server when they are on the wait queue.  The person with the most
wins gets to be on the top of the wait queue.

Brian
aka FreeKill