Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2806] max players

On Wed, 05 Jan 2000 you wrote:
>It also looks like cow was at one time setup with MAXPLAYER 20, maybe the
>increase to 36 was a 3.0 change?  I think you will find that a great many
>players are still using cow2, brmh, and other binaries that are very old and
>will not work with 36 players.

As for COW, I think the switch to 36 players has been when spawning
up from BRM in the year 1993. It was already a Makefile define in BRM,
so it might have been done even earlier.

So there should not exist any COW client with a problem here.
I vote for change it and get rid of that old clients (Tom? ;-) )

Kurt (007)
COW source keeper

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: Kurt.Siegl@freemail.at  Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017