Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2319] LTD stats

On Sun, May 30, 1999 at 09:17:45AM -0700, Tom Holub wrote:
> I'm working on the LTD->HTML parser, and have noticed a significant
> omission in the LTD player stats: there's no mention of what team the
> player was on!

That is a "feature" of sorts.  The ltd_dump program uses the contents of
the players file, which contains no information on team/pno because it
doesn't make sense to store that info in the players file.  So in order
to get this info, a separate program would need to parse the INL log file.
I could add the team/pno info to the player DB if you really need it.
(but the stats would still be merged; see below)

> I don't care much about the player slot; you can lump all the stats for
> the player into one slot (as long as he didn't switch teams; he should
> have two entries if he did).  The slot could be reported on the
> "++ LTD statistics for player [playername]" line.

The LTD package is (currently) usable for both INL and pickup games, and
so it does not support splitting up of stats for players by team (i.e. if
a player switches teams, he does not get two separate stat entries).

It's not easy to change this behavior.  One way I could do this is to
have the player DB duplicated in the shared memory segment by team instead
of in the .players file.  Then ltd_dump would have the option to dump
the player stats from the memory segment instead of the file.  Getting
the .players file to support this sort of thing is much harder.

I've added some options to the ltd_dump program including an SB stats dump
and the ability to filter out observers or players with < XX play time.
I have also fixed the maxkills bug.  I'm on vacation now, but I'll check
in these changes sometime this week.

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2