Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Continuum/metaserver finally straigthened out

Hey all.

Cameron, with Ahn's and my moral support over IRC, updated continuum
to the latest source.

The benefits?  Now continuum solicits correctly with the proper RSA
flag and proper queue size.  I removed the explicit continuum listing
in my metaserver's rc file and restarted my metaserver.  Continuum
re-added itself correctly.  It is listed only once, now.

Cameron, Frank: You can de-list continuum and restart your metas safely.

As a side benefit, since Ahn was around and he was behind a firewall,
Cameron enabled the USE_PORTSWAP code in continuum and Ahn tested it
with a paradise client with PORTSWAP enabled.  Result: 10 upd/sec UDP
through a firewall.  Side detriment: Continuum is multi-homed and the
server is sitting on the secondary interface.  For the firewall to
allow UDP through correctly, Ahn had to connect to continuum through
the primary interface.

At any rate:  WooHoo!  *grin*

--Carlos V.