Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2040] Copyright stuff and legal junk

Quoting Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>:

> I know this sounds anal, but when you get a legal summons because a
> company in Texas is called Real Time Communications and they want your
> domain real-time.com and they are willing to sue you for it, you are
> hyper-sensitive to legal stuff.

Ahhh. That would be Austin, TX.  Real/Time is an ISP that started out
almost good (they were the de-facto ISP if you weren't a UTexas
student, they gave you shell accounts, but only had a 56K line for a
while) back in 91-93. but I hear by word of mouth that they've gone
downhill.  They called themselves Real/Time, but their domain was
bga.com.  Looks like they also have realtime.net and realtime.com.
As far as I remember, the company was around before 91 when I started
at UT.

IANAL, but they sure waited a long time to get around to harassing you
guys.

Good luck.

--Carlos V.