[VANILLA-L:1295] Re: [VANILLA-L:1294] Re: [VANILLA-L:1293] Re: [VANILLA-L:1290] Re: [VANILLA-L:1285] Re: [VANILLA-L:1279] Re: Patch II

On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 02:30:04PM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Quoting Dave Ahn (ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu):
> > However, it may also be appropriate for Bob to set up such a page since
> > he has claimed the Vanilla space.  He already manages the CVS and mailing
> > list archives.
>
> The mailing list and archives where done because it looked like no one
> was doing them. I by no means lay claim to the vanilla no-spehere.

No-sphere is a non-issue here...we have repeatedly done overlapping work
due to lack of good communication.  We both set up the VANILLA-L archives
at the same time, we both assumed the server source when Nick needed it
moved, we both set up CVS repositories for Vanilla, we both (again) seem
to have CVS repositories for INL, we both failed to follow through on
setting up CVS backup system to the secondary server, etc, etc.  Just check
back on the VANILLA-L archives to see the messages we both sent out about
these topics.  We are (again) both at fault.

I propose that we avoid duplication on this and future work.  If you create
a Vanilla development page, I won't.  If not, I will.  Since you maintain the
support of Vanilla development (mailing list, archive, dist site, CVS) for
everyone else, the Vanilla space is mostly yours whether you meant to claim
it or not.  Plus, you proposed the idea.

If you want to also serve INL off of your CVS server, that's fine.  I will
send a diff that fixes some bugs and changes the source to be importable
(similar to the patch I submitted for Vanilla).

This is not meant to be antagonistic or rude.  It's simply the the way
things have solidified.  Do you disagree?  :)

> Continuum is slow because it does identd look ups for web stats. I'll
> shut that off.

Good idea.

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2
+