[VANILLA-L:1197] Windows Pre-alpha server

I have put up a pre-alpha server, pre as in it will probably be up until
Monday, and I wanted people to try it out and see if there are any problems
with it.  The address of the server is siren.egr.csuohio.edu.

The server is a Micron Client Pro machine running windows 98.

On the bad side,
I seem to have broken the code so it doesn't work on NT anymore, only on 95
and 98.  It probably was my hack to use getmessage and dispatchmessage in a
console program, you aren't really supposed to do it.  I will change the
daemonII code to use the multimedia timers instead, and I think that it
won't impose too much of a burdon on the CPU.  The robot process as it is
written now is a CPU hog.  Hog as in it will waste idle CPU time, not really
steal it from another process.  The reason for this is that there is a loop
in the main routine that only calls Sleep(0), I will try to redesign it
later.

For those that want to look at the alpha code and executables, get it from
ftp://137.148.211.205.  Note again that it will not work under NT as yet and
the project files work only under VC++ 6.0.  It should compile under earlier
versions of VC, but I haven't made the makefiles yet.

Please tell me if anyone has problems with the code or with the server that
is running.

Darryl
Darryl_Palmer_Jr@acm.org

+