[VANILLA-L:1191] Re: [VANILLA-L:1188] Re: [VANILLA-L:1187] Base Practice Robot Questions

> Darryl Palmer wrote:
> > In basep.c there is a function called startrobot, does this function
> > actually call another executable which source is not included with the
> > Vanilla distribution?
>
> The base practice robots aren't shipped with the Vanilla distribution
> and I have not yet found out who owns the source and where we can get
> it.
>
> At first I thought your question was "where is startrobot()", to which
> the answer is ntserv/startrobot.c
>
> It would be good to get the base practice robot sources into the
> standard distribution.  Any effort you do toward this will be
> appreciated.  Perhaps contacting the server administrator for the
> current base practice server?

 The Base Practice robots were written by Ted Hadley, and he was always tight with that source code.

 Ted is an incredibly sharp fellow, and wrote some really amazing pieces with BRMH and Calvin server and such.  It'd be ashame to lose the work he did with those base practice robots.

 I was hoping that maybe he had passed this on to someone else, but it doesn't appear so. :(

Steve

+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++