Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2603] base etempbug...

Quoting sheldon@visi.com <sheldon@visi.com>:
>  Think about what circumstances may cause a ship to undock:

On your cue, I'll try to reconcile everywhere docked-- happens (or
docked=0) with your list since etemp += .7*(j->p_speed * j->p_docked)

>  - ship starts accelerating
Found it.

>  - ship changes direction
Found it.

>  - ship docks to some other target, such as a planet
I think this is handled by set_speed and set_course.  Looking.

>  - ship is tractored/pressored
Found it.

>  - ship blows up
Found it.

>  - ship is ejected
>  - ship is ghostbusted

Not found it. Both just kill the ntserv without checking the flags.

Testing.... WooHoo! reproduced it with a FREE command in an INL mode
server.  Free, as I understand it works just like EJECT in pickup
mode, no? Nope, wait. Just reproduced it in Pickup mode as
well. Though a total of 2 ships docked/freed were needed in INL to
gain etmp while 2 ships held etmp steady in pickup.  I must be seeing
things, or there's another subtle bug happening in conjunction.

>  - starbase turns off docking

Found that too.

>  - more...?

Docked vessel declares war.
Found it.

Base re-fits out.
Found it.

Docked vessel orbits planet.
Found it.

Anywhere else?  I haven't coded a fix yet.  Just analysis.

--Carlos V.