Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2603] base etempbug...

> On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 09:11:52PM +0200, Mikael Sandstr|m wrote:
> > Plz fix this bug.
>
> The fact that you have to toggle docking to remove it suggests that it
> is a bogus docking port.  I suggest we add code to watch for this, if
> we can't find out yet where it is not being reset.

 Agreed.

 Ok, I'm going to go through the obvious troubleshooting brainstorm
procedure here: :)

 Think about what circumstances may cause a ship to undock:

 - ship starts accelerating
 - ship changes direction
 - ship docks to some other target, such as a planet
 - ship is tractored/pressored
 - ship blows up
 - ship is ejected
 - ship is ghostbusted
 - starbase turns off docking
 - Does it have to do with having had multiple ships docked, and somehow not
clearing the right flag?
 - more...?

 Hard to say.  We need to find a way to reproduce this issue, and I guess I
would suggest analyzing each of the above situations to see what happens.
I would lean towards events which don't happen frequently, as I would think
if would be a more common occurence otherwise.  So for instance a ship being
ejected or ghostbusted.

 Also this is a new bug, which indicates that something has changed
somewhere to introduce this.  Or is perhaps related to some bug in the code
that only shows up when a particular compiler/platform is used.  However
that change may have occured as much as a year ago.

 Ahh, this is another reason it'd be nice to have a bug tracking database.
:)

Steve