Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2585] Netrek Client Packaging Survey

On Wed, 04 Aug 1999 you wrote:
>> This is Kurt's call, but I think we need a bugzilla setup before releasing it
>> to the freshmeat/slashdot people.
>
> I agree!

You mean you agree that it's mine or we should do it ;-)

So what I can prepare is another COW option -B analog to -L,-V
which connects to netscape using a specific Form input URL like:

	http://bugzilla.netrek.org/cow?release=3.00&patch=2&arch=linux

I may also try to make the client Web command an .xtrekrc variable so
that it need not be netscape if someone prefers another one.

Maybe I will add it also to the COW shell tools window, so that it may be
launched during game play within the client.

>> 4. Finally, we can share the bugzilla with any netrek projects
(heck any open >> source projects).

If it will be added for the client it should be at least included for the server
as well.

> 5. It would give the endusers a place to submit bugs.
>
> I think so many times bugs in the clients are bandied about in the game,
>but never really reported.  r.g.n. and email don't seem to work all the
>time.

I hardly read rgn., so I'm often surprised if somone talks about some
known bugs and I haven't heard of :-(

>> I'd be willing to house the bugzilla database at Real Time
>> (http://bugzilla.us.netrek.org?)
>
> I remember I proposed this last year and offered to look into it.  I'm
>afraid I dropped the ball a bit.  But if you need any help setting this up
>let me know.

Would be fine if you may do it. Tell me the required URL so that I may
add it to the client.

Kurt (007)

PS: My company just informed me that, I have to go most probably to
California/Silicon Valey for a few weeks in September, which gives me also
the possibility to add a few days holiday afterwards to meet some people.
Is anyone in that area interested in a visit? I will get more infos when I'm
back from holiday next week.

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: 007@netrek.org       Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017