Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2237] xsg stuff

> Not answering your question, but just thought you should know: There's
> a new alternative to xsg recording called "cambot".  I forgot what
> advantages it has over xsg, but you can look in the old vanilla
> archives (assuming they are still around).

Interesting.  Unfortunately, the only reference to cambot in the archives
(according to altavista, since the archives themselves don't seem to have
search capability) is an oblique one, and tells me nothing.

The advantage I can see vs xsg is that you don't have the overhead of
the graphical display with its myriad options.

The disadvantages are that (a) cambot's recording is larger (according
to a non-scientific test I just ran with a single ship :), (b) no playback,
so what's the point, and (c) it doesn't automatically die when the daemon
does, which I imagine could be bad.

If anyone knows more about this, either to confirm or refute, I'd be
interested.

-Jonathan