[VANILLA-L:796] Re: [VANILLA-L:790] Use of 'register' declaration

koconnor@acsu.buffalo.edu wrote:
> Many architectures don't have 10+ registers.

We've got 64 on Alpha.  32 Integer and 32 Floating.  ;-)

It's not worth the effort removing "register" declarations now, but if
you are passing by the code with an editor, feel free.  Just bear in
mind that some of our problems have been due to a compiler bug being
exercised on some other architecture as a result of removing superfluous
code.

--
James Cameron                                    (cameron@stl.dec.com)
Digital Equipment Corporation (Australia) Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 000 446 800