Re: [VANILLA-L] Mailing list questions...

Bob Tanner wrote:
> So, anyone know how to make this number thing happen in majordomo? I
> am concerned because James(?) mentioned he tracks patches based on
> message numbers.

I will revert to message identification instead.  As long as the archive
includes the "message-id" line as well, I won't have much trouble.
Since you don't know how to make the messages numbering, I withdraw my
request.

> From what I have seen it looks like bugs are submitted to this list
> and James(?) "takes care of them". This solution work ok for everyone?

The way it has worked in the past is that people talk about the bugs
here, and eventually someone suggests they will look at it, or know how
to fix it, and when they do the resulting patch they mail it back to the
list.

Everybody reviews the patch and tries it out.

My job, as I understand it, is to review the patch for cross-platform
suitability.  Every now and then, I merge all the patches into a
conglomerate patch and issue it with the new release.

I don't often get to do the fixing.

Another request: can you set the mailing list up so that outgoing
messages have a reply-to the list rather than the sender?

--
James Cameron                                    (cameron@stl.dec.com)
Digital Equipment Corporation (Australia) Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 000 446 800