Re: [VANILLA-L] Mailing list questions...

On Thu, Oct 23, 1997 at 08:41:09PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:

> So, anyone know how to make this number thing happen in majordomo? I
> am concerned because James(?) mentioned he tracks patches based on
> message numbers.

majordomo-1.94.4/Doc/README.sequencer
majordomo-1.94.4/contrib/sequencer

Please number _this_ message 673 and increment from there.

> Second web archive of the list. I hear Mhonarc (current) I hear
> HyperMail. Any recommendations on this? It looks to me the Mhonarc is
> being developed and Hypermail is stagnet. That is why I choice Mhonarc
> in the first place. I am open to comments.

I believe James is using the vanilla-l archive at
http://www.vec.bgsm.edu/~ahn/netrek/vanilla-l/ when making references
to previous messages, and not the archive at http://continuum.real-time.com/.
I do not plan on switching to HyperMail.

> Lastly, is there a bug tracking database for the server? Does it have
> a web front end? Can people submit bugs to it some how?
>
> >From what I have seen it looks like bugs are submitted to this list
> and James(?) "takes care of them". This solution work ok for everyone?
>
> I was at the samba web site (http://samba.anu.edu.au/samba/) and was
> impressed by the look and feel. Pretty much everything you needed to
> know about samba was there, bug submit, bug track, faq, docs, etc. I
> think it would be a cool idea for a vanilla-l web site.

We don't really have the volume needed for dedicated bug tracking.  James
can easily reference the vanilla message number of the message that
reported any bugs.

Ugh, I really need to clean up the INL robot patches and submit them.

Dave.

--
Dave Ahn,  ahn@vec.bgsm.edu             "When you were born you cried, and the
           ahn@indigo2.rad.bgsm.edu      world rejoiced.  Try to live your life