Re: [VANILLA-L] geno hours and no geno hours

On Oct 23, 10:58am, James Cameron wrote:
> Subject: Re: [VANILLA-L] geno hours and no geno hours

> > Speaking of reset, how do I the lexus functionality of nuking everyone
> > at the appropriate time and resetting the server?

This is what is done on lexus:

In the crontab are the following entries:

50      17      *       *       *       /usr/people/netrek/ntserv/warn_clue >
/dev/null
55      17      *       *       *       /usr/people/netrek/ntserv/warn_clue >
/dev/null
59      17      *       *       *       /usr/people/netrek/ntserv/warn_clue >
/dev/null
00      18      *       *       *       /usr/people/netrek/ntserv/start_clue >
/dev/null
00      20      *       *       *       /usr/people/netrek/ntserv/stop_clue >
/dev/null

	o warn_clue uses tools/message to tell people what is going on.

	o start_clue uses xtkill to nuke people, resets the galaxy with
			setgalaxy, and cp's over new .motd .sysdef and
.features

	o stop_clue copies back the original files.

BTW, I don't take credit for this... I stole it from Alec :)

--
			   Rob Lindenbusch
		Indiana University High Energy Physics