[VANILLA-L] Metaserver Solicitation

It appears that Bob's problems with his server result in it being
delisted from the metaserver ... presumably because the same problem
that causes my client to see a connection refusal also cause the meta-
server's connection to be refused.

The metaserver code delists servers that it cannot connect to.

But if Bob were to enable the metaserver solicitation logic in the
latest Vanilla server, then the metaserver would be told how many
players are present and it wouldn't make a connection attempt to
the server until the players all go.

Is Nick on this distribution list?  Nick: is the metaserver coping
with the solicitation logic properly?  It seemed to be crashing a few
weeks ago.  I have turned off my server's solicitation mode by hiding
the .metaservers file.  Perhaps my code has a defect?

--
James Cameron                                    (cameron@stl.dec.com)
Digital Equipment Corporation (Australia) Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 000 446 800