Re: [VANILLA-L] Code for more observer slots?

On Fri, 10 Oct 1997, Steve Franks wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm setting up a new vanilla server at MIT and I'd like to try to put
> in more observer slots.  I remember a while back that there was a lot
> of talk about this, but I don't know what ever happened.  Is there
> any code out there that will allow me to have extra observer slots with
> the vanilla server?

Heiko did this but there was some problem too.
Not all clients can conect to the higher slots, COW can brmh can't.
And some client might get strange behavior like seeing double ships. Or
ghost ships coming and  disapeering on both tactical and galactic.
It have crashed a couple of times too but that might be for diffrent
reasons.

/Mikael

+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++