Re: [VANILLA-L] Removal of SHORT_PACKETS ifdef variable

koconnor@acsu.buffalo.edu wrote:
> I've decided to write a robot capable of recording games - 'CamBot'.

Kevin,

I agree that short packets can be made permanent.

I don't agree with your proposed recording solution ... I would have
taken the code in XSG and seperate it into a set of functions for
recording and playback.  The playback would use a minimal ntserv that
read and applied the playback function before delivering packets to
the client.  We've talked about this before.  Archives may have it.

You see, packets sent to the clients aren't everything, they are only
the recording as seen by one client.  And if you record all client's
packets, you're going to get massive duplications.  Please consider.
;-)

--
James Cameron                                    (cameron@stl.dec.com)
Digital Equipment Corporation (Australia) Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 000 446 800