[VANILLA-L:731] Re: [VANILLA-L:729] Problems with Server2.7pl7

Alec Habig writes:
> Tom Holub writes:
> > I just downloaded and installed the vanilla distribution, 2.7pl7, onto a
> > machine running Solaris 2.6.  It *still* has the problem with warp 15
> > showing the puck as cloaked in hockey mode.  I have turned off
> > CLOAK_MAXWARP in the .features file, to no avail.  This is a problem with
> > BRMH 2.2 and 2.3, and possibly other clients.  Can we get it into the puck
> > code that there's never, ever a reason to have warp 15 show the puck as
> > cloaked?
>
> That's a clientside "feature", not a server one.  If the puck's going
> warp 15 because you just cranked it towards the goal, and your client
> chooses to interpret this as cloaked, what can the server do about it?

I don't know, but my client doesn't do it on any of the other hockey servers.

> The serverside feature you turned off is the thing that encodes
> "cloaked" as warp15, if you're in normal broncotrek and miss packets.

Obviously, my client thinks the server is sending warp 15 as cloaked.  That's
why it's displaying the puck as cloaked when the puck is at warp 15.  I
don't know whether the server is actually sending warp 15 as cloaked, but
there's some sort of problem on the server end, or my client would have
the same problem on every hockey server.
 -Tom
+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++