[VANILLA-L:730] Re: [VANILLA-L:729] Problems with Server2.7pl7

Tom Holub writes:
> I just downloaded and installed the vanilla distribution, 2.7pl7, onto a
> machine running Solaris 2.6.  It *still* has the problem with warp 15
> showing the puck as cloaked in hockey mode.  I have turned off
> CLOAK_MAXWARP in the .features file, to no avail.  This is a problem with
> BRMH 2.2 and 2.3, and possibly other clients.  Can we get it into the puck
> code that there's never, ever a reason to have warp 15 show the puck as
> cloaked?

That's a clientside "feature", not a server one.  If the puck's going
warp 15 because you just cranked it towards the goal, and your client
chooses to interpret this as cloaked, what can the server do about it?

The serverside feature you turned off is the thing that encodes
"cloaked" as warp15, if you're in normal broncotrek and miss packets.

I remember seeing a fix for this come across come across the COW list,
at about the same time as the cool lines were put in.  Try that client
out, if you can bring yourself to bear the concept of using COW.

--
       Alec Habig, Boston University Particle Astrophysics Group
			   habig@budoe.bu.edu

+