Vanilla Development Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-DEVEL:698] CVS update: Vanilla

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 10:53:09AM -0700, Carlos Y. Villalpando wrote:
> Quoting Vanilla CVS Development <vanilla-devel@us.netrek.org>:
> > +	- team masks are switched at the end of an INL game.  is
> > +	there any particular reason why we're doing this?
>
> For that, see:
> http://archives.real-time.com/vanilla-list/1999/Jun/msg00057.html
>
> It was to fix a bug.

In order to play a second game, all players must quit and rejoin the game
because the player offsets into the DB are reset to -1.  As such, it becomes
irrelevant whether a player can captain since s/he must rejoin anyway.

I suggest leaving the existing players on their own teams but forcing new
or rejoining players into FED/ROM.  Unless this isn't possible...

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2