TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:3292] Security Pointers & DSL questions...

I was looking through the FAQ's on the uswest site and noticed that it
is possible to plug a hub in to the DSL router that they give you.  With
this, it is possible to use DHCP and get an ip for everything on that
hub.  This might be a good alternative to using IP Masquerading
(depending on whether you want everything behind a firewall and whether
you want a static or dynamic ip).  This might be something to look into.

serge