TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:2892] Two Ethernet card Configuration?

On Sun, 20 Dec 1998, Jeff Woolley wrote:

> I'm trying to get two ethernet cards installed in my RedHat machine.
> Every time I set the i/o address and irq for the two interfaces, after a
> reboot they are the same for both cards and only one works.

Look for a file called 'multicard.txt', either on your local file system,
the install CD, or at the Linux Documentation Project
<http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/>. Iirc, it's referenced in the
Ethernet-HOWTO, which is also a fine document.

Christopher Reid Palmer : reid@pconline.com : www.pconline.com/~reid/

"Luminous beings are we. Not this...crude matter."  -- Yoda